Métis-Style Fiddle Competition
June 17, 2023, 3:30 p.m., The Forks, Winnipeg
You’re invited to participate in the annual Métis-style fiddle competition! The competition will be held during the IDL celebrations at The Forks on June 17, 2023, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is now open! Complete the online registration form to register. On-site registration will also be available from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the large tent located along the east path, north of the Inn at the Forks.
There will be two categories for participation: 15 years and under, and 16 years and over. The competition will follow the Métis-style class of fiddling, where each fiddler plays two tunes unaccompanied and seated.
After the competition, there will be a jam session with accompaniment while the judges deliberate.
|Prizes are as follows||1st||2nd||3rd|
|15 and under||$75||$55||$35|
|16 and over||$150||$75||$50|
Rules & Regulations
- All contestants must be check in person prior to 3 p.m. on competition day (June 17, 2023)
- Only registered contestants will be allowed to participate.
- Each contestant must play 2 tunes in Métis-style class of fiddling (while seated)
- The contestant must have their own instrument
- Only one entry per contestant
- Coordinators will draw for order of participation
- Judges’ decisions will be final
- All other rules of the MFA (Manitoba Fiddle Association) apply
- Free admission for contestants